Pad Thai (Thai Fried Noodles)
7 ounces of rice stick noodles
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 to 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
4 1/2 ounces of shelled prawns
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of palm sugar
1 tablespoon of crushed peanuts
1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
1 teaspoon of minced hot chili
2 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1 carrot, grated
7 ounces of bean sprouts
4 spring onions, chopped
Fresh Coriander sprigs and lime wedges
1. Cook the noodles following packer instructions.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic.
3. Break the eggs in the pan and stir quickly for a few seconds. Add the noodles and stir well.
4. Add the prawns, then stir in the lemon juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, half the peanuts, shrimp paste, chili and tomato ketchup.
5. Add the carrot, bean sprouts and spring onions. Transfer on to four serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining peanuts. Garnish with coriander sprigs and lime wedges, and serve.