"Nokoreach" is the national anthem of Cambodia. After the royalist forces defeated the communists in 1993, the royalist anthem was restored as well. Based on a Cambodian folk tune and written by Chuon Nat, the anthem was originally adopted in 1941 and reconfirmed in 1947. However, it was replaced when the Khmer Rouge took over in 1976
Som pouk tepda rak sa moha khsath yeung
Oy ben roung roeung doy chey monkol srey soursdey
Yeung Khnom preah ang som chrok Krom molup preah Baromey
Ney preah Noropdey vong Khsattra del sang preah sat thmr
Kroup Kraung dèn Khmer borann thkoeung thkann.
Prasath séla kombang kan dal prey
Kuor oy srmay noeuk dl yuos sak Moha Nokor
Cheat Khmer dauch Thmar kong vong ny lar rung peung chom hor.
Yeung sang Khim por pheap preng samnang robuos Kampuchea.
Moha rth koeut mien you ang veanh hey.
Kroup vath aram lu tè so sap thoeur
Sot doy am no rom lik koun poth sasna
Chol yeung chea neak thioeur thiak smos smak tam bep donnta
Kong tè thévoda nùng chuoy chrom chrèng phkot phkang pra yoch oy
Dol prateah Khmer chea Moha Nokor
Anthem Lyrics English
Heaven protect our King
And give him happiness and glory
To reign over our souls and our destinies,
The one being, heir of the builder Sovereigns,
Guiding the proud old Kingdom.
Temples are asleep in the forest,
Remembering the splendor of Moha Nokor.
Like a rock the Khmer race is eternal.
Let us trust in the fate of Kampuchea,
The empire which challenges the ages.
Songs rise up from the pagodas
To the glory of the holy Buddhist faith.
Let us be faithful to our ancestors' belief.
Thus heaven will lavish its bounty
Towards the ancient Khmer country, the Moha Nokor.
The present flag is the seventh since 1948 when the country became independent.
Flag Date of Adoption
21 September 1993
Three horizontal bands of blue (top), red (double width), and blue with a white three-towered temple representing Angkor Wat, built in the 12th century and one of the most impressive temples in the world is outlined in black in the center of the red band; only flag in the world to incorporate a building in its design